Monday 14 September 2009

Goode with BFO

Breaking news: I have got my dirty paws on the Budapest Festival Orchestra series with Richard Goode (a present from my favourite member of the orchestra, a.k.a. Evi). Haven't listened to it yet, but will do so, and notes will come here.

(I had a quick trip back Budapest over weekend, the objectives being to listen to Mahler's sixth. One of the side-effects, and not a bad one, was that I could also listen to Giovanni Solima's "Folktales for Cello and Orchestra". I recommend looking this guy up, for to say that he is talented would be an understatement. I'm already looking forward to having his CD come out and do the music and paint game with the boys using it. The Mahler on the other hand, was a bit of a disappointment, despite it being one of the favourites of Ivan Fischer. Maybe I was not in the mood for the 80 minutes of this Viennese housewife going mad with neurotic frigidity. I was so hoping for her to have a quick death...)

No comments:

Post a Comment